Knoxville introducing the stunt.
|Featuring||Johnny Knoxville, Bunny The Lifeguard|
|Video releases||Jackass: The Lost Tapes|
Johnny Knoxville attempts to jump a section of the L.A. River whilst on roller skates. He instead fractures his ankle and spends several weeks in a cast, walking with crutches.
Description[edit | edit source]
After introducing the stunt, Johnny begins his run up. Knoxville shakily rolls up to the edge of the river and with the help of a small ramp jumps up into the air and into the filthy water.
Knoxville makes a second attempt without the ramp, he makes it further but slams into the concrete banks of the river. In doing so he fractures his ankle and is whisked away to hospital.
Behind-the-scenes[edit | edit source]
- Knoxville had never before riden roller skates, and there was lots of footage of him falling over whilst trying to ride the skates.
- This was the first stunt that Chris Pontius appeared in. He appeared for the first time as Bunny the Lifeguard.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Chris was only invited to the stunt because his truck was the only one big enough to carry the ramps. If he hadn't had the truck he may never have become part of Jackass.
- Knoxville's ankle cast and crutches can be seen in various other stunts that were filmed after this one. These became iconic of the original series of Jackass, and may have been the inspiration for the Skull & crutches logo.
- An excerpt from this skit was used in the credits for Jackass 3D.